Wednesday 10 April 2013

and more weddings :)


So as I said in my previous blog, I seem to be getting more involved in weddings, which is lovely to have a varied side to my work.

Last week I received an email from a Groom to be asking whether I could go and talk to him and his lovely bride about photographing their wedding, he said he had been recommended by a previous Groom I had photographed.

I always get a warm glow when I hear these words, because it meant they liked what I did at their wedding, which then in turn that glow automatically turns to nerves as I think ... the pressures on !!

Anyway back to the wedding ... the couple are lovely, relaxed and very lively and think the wedding will definitely represent their personalities.

I'm really looking forward to seeing them again for their pre-wedding shoot, which I can only imagine will be entertaining.

I've also had a lovely pre-wedding shoot with a "camera shy" couple, which reminded me of myself when I went to Bristol for mine.

I remember being very stiff, and nervous and extremely aware of people staring at me - whether they were or not was a very different thing.  I struggle at best with looking at a camera and find lots of pictures of the palm of my hand, or with my tongue sticking out, so being asked to pose in public was very unnerving.

I think the pre-wedding shoot is really important as it enables me to see how people are in front of the camera and making slight suggestions to prevent instructions on the day, because I believe the best images are when someone is relaxed and comfortable and not necessarily looking directly at the camera.

On two occasion's I've been told by the Brides to be "Just don't ask him to smile, he looks like Chandler from Friends when he tries to smile"

So to end my blog for tonight ...



Night xx



No comments:

Post a Comment