Friday 10 January 2014

Forgive me Father for I have not blogged in three months.


I wanted to start this off with a witty poem but couldn't write anything funny, so instead I apologise for the radio silence.

I'm usually pretty good at updating my Facebook page and my website, but over the last three months I have failed at all amazingly.

For some unknown reason my life seems to have turned upside down and inside out for no apparent reason.

The saying goes ... "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"  well in my case ... it makes me tired, forgetful and damn right grumpy !!

I've had the pleasure of some beautiful babies over the last few months, so thought I would share a few with you, so I hope you don't mind.

Jack & Izzy ... what a pair !  (in a good way)

Jack is now two and Izzy was about a month old when I visited this time, and he has changed very little in looks since I captured him when he was just a few weeks old.  He still has his huge brown eyes and cheeky smile which is emphasised in his eyes.  His hair is much blonder than I thought he would be, I thought as he looked like his dad he would be dark like him also.

Izzy is a bundle of cuteness, very tiny and very alert for one so small.  However with Jack as a big brother I think Izzy is going to need her wits about her at all times.  Jack is very affectionate to his little sister and dotes on her, evening helping change her nappy.

I was honoured to be asked back again to capture the new arrival and her brother xx





Leandro

I was taken a back a little when I went to photograph Leandro, as his Mummy is the sister of a previous client, who kindly referred me.  Now when she posted the picture of him when Leandro was born, he looked like a big baby, however when I arrived, I couldn't have been more wrong.  Leandro was this tiny, bundle of fun who chatted away quite contently whilst I was photographing him.

Leandro is very lucky that he has two older sisters, however they are much older so he isn't at risk of having to play dolls or get dressed up as a fairy or used as a make up model.  His sisters are also very beautiful so if he grows up with half of their looks, the care and compassion of his parents, he has a very bright and positive future ahead of him.

This little boy has the world at his finger tips and two big sisters to show him the right path, and parents to pick him up if he stumbles in the wrong direction.

As with all the babies I am lucky enough to capture, I wish them

"a life full of laughter, health, fun and friends"










Charlie and Benjamin








These two boys are beautiful ... Charlie has a lovely nature and makes you smile when he chats away to you.  His piercing blue eyes capture the camera with both hands and say "photograph me, I'm here", even if Charlie doesn't want his picture taken.


Benjamin, the perfect model - no tears, no fuss and was just a dream to capture.

He was a perfect model for Christmas in his little Santa outfit, I just wish it wasn't so late to share.

Capturing a baby's feet is like catching a butterfly in your hands with your eyes and ears covered, even when they are asleep they seem to have a sixth sense and move their feet, Benjamin didn't - amazing little boy, very strong and determined ... just don't give Mummy and Daddy a scare like you did before Christmas xx


Bonnie and Lexi 

This is beautiful Bonnie, cousin to Leandro above, and the second time I have had the pleasure of capturing this little girl.

I thought it had only been a few weeks when I arrived for Bonnie and Lexi's second shoot, but it had been four months and my oh my how both girls had changed.  Bonnie was always going to be a fast mover and now she was sitting up, rolling over and trying to crawl.

Lexi was approaching her second birthday although it could have been her third as she is such a clever little monkey.  So independent and determined... good luck Mummy and Daddy xx



There have been more things and will post them separately when I have had chance to pick the images ...

Thanks for reading, and hope 2014 is your year

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment