Wednesday 29 May 2013

Hidden gem.

I have been fortunate to go to Rookwood House three times in the last two months and each time I go the garden seems to outshine the last time I went.

The first time I went, was a horrid grey day, but the garden was still full of colour with the daffodils dotted around like tiny rays of sunshine poking through.

The second time I went, it was dry, but still grey and again the garden looked stunning with tulips in full bloom and the dark purple ones looked so rich and velvety that I just wanted to be a fairy and dive in like a child wrapping themselves up in a huge duvet.

I was first told about Rookwood by the lovely Kate of Cakes by Katie B. who had been to a wedding fayre at the venue last year, and Kate was right about the stunning location.

Rookwood is the perfect venue if you are getting married and want to have everyone in one place the night before.

With four beautifully decorated bedrooms in a self contained building it's a perfect hide away for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready.

I highly recommend popping along and taking a peak at their website or Facebook page, because it truly is a hidden gem.

I was lucky enough to go there with Paula and Andy to photograph them in the grounds to celebrate 25 years of married life, and was a lovely private moment.



Thanks Char at Rookwood for allowing me to use the gardens... can't wait to see what images I have from the Bride getting ready at the venue from the weekend xx

No comments:

Post a Comment